Out in the blogosphere, bloggers were posting the 50 Things That Made Me Happy in 2015 (or some variation thereof) and, as I’ve been slacking a bit on the writing, I started jotting down ideas on New Year’s while waiting for the crowd to appear. Stevie B leaned over and asked what I was doing, and when I told him he suggested it might be a lot easier to go with 16 Things I’m Looking Forward To. You can thank Stevie B for making your reading shorter today.
- A vacation. With Todd. Alone. You may be surprised to learn that we have yet to vacation alone together. We didn’t have a honeymoon. This is our year. Cape May, Myrtle Beach, Vegas, Niagara Falls, Vineyard hopping in California…. I don’t care where we go, I don’t care what we do…
- Ride. As in JDRF Ride. I told someone fairly influential that I was doing it this year, purposely because I knew there’d be no backing out from that moment on. This is huge – it’s a destination ride – I was planning on Burlington but there are other locations to consider (Death Valley, Tahoe, Tucson, Amelia Island,…)…. It’s a 100-mile ride and there’s a shit-ton of fundraising to do (not to mention training), but I really can’t wait!
- A new job. I’m ready to step into something new and I’m knocking on the door of a new opportunity as we speak.
- Completing the novel. I really, reallywant to finish writing that first book this year.
- My In-laws’ 50th Anniversary party. We’re throwing the party of the century this summer for my in-laws’ renewal of vows and celebration of a lifetime of love. Backyard, tent, handmade chuppah, live music, dancefloor, and only the very best food on the planet.
- Dress shopping for the aforementioned event. And also for a JDRF Gala this spring.
- Watching my son start in football this year. And staying injury-free.
- Paying off my legal fees. Just $1000 left. Woohoo.
- And, while we’re at it, Paying down all our debts so we can breathe easier.
- More advancements in the battle for the Cure. Something mind-blowing.
- Continuing my own advocacy efforts. And adding Maryland to the short list of DKA-awareness legislation efforts.
- The Art Show. *More details to follow. Need to spend some time on this with two people who want to get this off the ground. Very exciting stuff.
- An in-ground pool. Yes.
- Watching Todd launch his product this year. I can’t wait!
- Spending more quality time with the people who matter – friends and family, and new friends along the way.
- Love, Laughter, and JOY.